Worship God. Follow the King. Build His Kingdom.
We’re a community of faith trying to demonstrate God’s love by living like Jesus — a life of purpose, worship, and service together.
COVID-19 Update Welcome back!
Guthrie Grove Family,
We have been so encouraged by the number of you who have been watching our Livestream Sunday morning services, the mid-week activities, and small groups that have been going. as well as the videos on our website. Many of you have been sharing the services with your friends and the Lord is at work through these activities. We have also seen with gratitude that so many of you continue to be faithful supporters of our ministry. This has been such an encouragement to the leadership team because it is surely a significant indicator of your love for Jesus and His church.
With that said it is also important to move forward wisely. Please continue to practice social distancing if you determine to join us on Sunday morning. Please be especially aware of the concerns that others might also have.
- Keep a distance of 6 feet between yourselves and others that are not part of your household. This will be tough because we so love to hug and shake hands.
- If you have been ill, please stay at home that week.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- If you are at risk due to your age or an underlying condition, consider watching the service from the safety of your home.
- The fellowship hall will be set up as an overflow and specifically as a less crowded and safer area for those with heightened concerns.
- There will be children’s church but no nursery as we cannot ensure the best practices in that area.
- We have not started Sunday School and Wednesday Night programs fully. We are doing small groups throughout the week.
Small Groups available during the week.
- Sunday Morning Adult Class: Bible Survey –Youth Room
- Sunday Night Youth Classes @ 6 PM
- Tuesday Morning @ 11 AM in social hall-Joe James
- Wednesday Night youth & adult class/Ladies Group @ 7 PM
- Thursday Morning @ 11 AM in social hall-Ed Bender
As you are able and feel safe to do, so please consider joining us in person. The leadership team will continue to closely monitor the situation and we fully expect that our plans will need to be adapted possibly on a weekly basis.
Blessings in Christ,
Pastor Andy Cisneros
Some things that are important to us.
True community is defined by the ways we live and support each other.
Here’s what it means to be part of our community of faith.
God calls us to follow Him and live out love.
These are the values that guide us as we strive to live a life worthy of Jesus’ sacrifice.
See how we understand what it means to live a life of faith. Firmly rooted in Scripture, our beliefs guide our church and community.
Jesus said, “I have come in order that you might have life – life in all its fullness!” John 10:10
What to expect when you visit
If someone were to peak through our window, they probably wouldn’t notice anything too out of the ordinary about our congregation. We have pews, sing a mix of hymns and contemporary songs, appreciate special music, and enjoy socializing after the service.
However, we hope that they’d also see us as a group of normal people trying our best to love each other and live out our faith each day.
Our worship style is inspired by three words: joy, hope, and application. We rejoice in the good news of Jesus’ resurrection. We renew our strength through our hope in him. And, we learn how we can better live out that hope each day.
So, whether you sneak in the back or boldly join the front pews, we have a place waiting for you.